Nancy Grace Brought to Tears over Twins’ Fifth Birthday


Tough as nails in the courtroom and now on TV, Nancy Grace can’t hold back the emotion over a milestone she once feared she’d never see: her twins Lucy and John‘s fifth birthday, coming up this weekend.

“When Lucy and I almost died in childbirth, I promise you I thank God every day for this,” Grace, 53 tells PEOPLE, her voice choking.

“I just can’t believe this miracle in my life: the fact that they’re turning 5. The truth is, I’m probably going to start crying.”

The HLN host delivered the twins by c-section on Nov. 4, 2007, having suffered a pulmonary edema during pregnancy and developing fluid in her lungs. Baby John was released from the hospital first, Grace and her daughter a few days later.

Grace says she just sent out the invites “calling all mermaids and superheroes. We’re going to party like it’s 1999,” she says. “We’re going to blow it out with a big cake with Ariel and Spiderman.”
source: People.com